1 . WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Without cookies enabled we can’t guarantee that the website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
None of the cookies we use collect your personal information and they can’t be used to identify you.
OUR WEBSITE AND ITS COOKIES
What is the collected data by TheFrenchParrot.com ?
We may use the information we obtain for the following purposes:
– to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
– to recognise you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the shopping cart on our website;
– to improve the website’s usability;
– to analyse the use of our website;
– for the administration of this website;
– to personalise our website for you.
You can set your computer browser to reject cookies but this may preclude your use of certain part of this website.
2 .DOES THEFRENCHPARROT.COM USE THIRD PARTY COOKIES ?
When you visit the Site you may receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether or not you wish to accept them. More information about these cookies may be available on the relevant third party’s website.
3 . YOUR CHOICE WITH RESPECT TO COOKIES
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on TheFrenchParrot.com, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of the website or you may not receive personalised information when you visit TheFrenchParrot.com.
If you use different devices to view and access the FrenchParrot.com Site (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
4 . MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
There are a lot of sites which talk about cookies, what they do and how to remove or restrict them in more detail, we’ve listed a few useful sites you may find helpful:
- aboutcookies.org opens in new window
- bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies opens in new window